Saturday, June 24, 2000 4:00 a.m.
Philippians 4:8 is a thought test. It helps you know if your mind and thoughts are what they ought to be. Philippians 3:5 says, “Let this mind be in you, which is also in Christ Jesus.” If you want the mind of Christ and the peace of God you need to think on these things.
Here is the test: Do you think on:
1. Whatsoever things are true – Remove falsehoods and lies.
2. Whatsoever things are honest – Have no part with dishonest dealings.
3. Whatsoever things are just – Continue in what’s right.
4. Whatsoever things are pure – Abstain from sexual sins.
5. Whatsoever things are lovely – Refrain from unholy things.
6. Whatsoever things are of a good report – Don’t speak bad about someone else.
7. If there be any virtue – Try and find the good in things.
8. If there be any praise – Encourage and up-lift.
Think on these things.
This is God’s list of things to think upon to keep your mind Christ-like. It is God’s check list.
Thought for Today: If you think on these things you will have the peace of God that passes all understanding.