Monday, May 3, 2004 1:45 p.m.
We are to walk worthy of our station in life, that in which God has placed us, “With all lowliness (humility), and meekness (power and control of Christ), with longsuffering (patience), forbearing one another in love. (Ephesians 4:2). Ephesians 4:4-6 gives us seven unities that are to be kept by The Church.
- One Body – that is all believers
- One Spirit – the Holy Spirit
- One Hope – looking for the glory of that blessed hope and the return of Jesus Christ (Titus 2:13).
- One Lord – Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior
- One Faith – “…Ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. (Jude 1:3) The True gospel.
- One Baptism – the baptism of the Holy Spirit the second you are saved.
- One God and Father – this is our doctrine and correct theology.
In these seven unities, we are united to other believers in the Church which is the body of Christ made up of both Jew and Gentile. This body ,The Church, has been the mystery sought after down through the ages.
Thought for Today: “That the Gentiles were to be saved was no mystery. The mystery ‘hid in God’ was the divine purpose to make of Jew and Gentile a wholly new thing – The Church – which is Christ’s body.” (C. I. Scofield notes, Ephesians 3:6).